Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Best job ever!

So, today I worked again for the first time in 6 days, haha, and I am so so thankful that I was placed here.  I love my school!  The kids are so great.  They are kind of crazy, but that's how I like them :).

This morning I walked to the Mercadona to meet Maria and Ana, the women that I carpool with.  I got there just in time, and enjoyed chatting and listening in Spanish during the 10 minute car ride.  Wednesdays are the days that I only have three classes, so it was pretty relaxed overall.  During the first period, I had a second grade class.  We learned about the parts of the body, the head, the body, and the limbs, and did a few activities.  I stayed in that class for about 20 minutes afterwards (I had a free period) and listened to them sing a song in English that they were planning for Christmas :).  They were so excited about it, and made me promise that I wouldn't tell anyone else at the school, haha. I hope I'm not breaking my promise by writing it here ;).

After the free period, I had 3rd graders, and we talked about the body again, about nutrition, the different body systems and the senses.  For the 6th grade period we went over the skeleton and it's different parts.  Everybody is basically doing the same thing right now, learning about the body and skeleton.  

Also, I am starting up an English club after school on Wednesdays just for a half an hour where we will chat in English, maybe watch a movie or a tv show in English, listen to music, some girls in the class wanted to dance...anyway, I told the 6th grade class about it and they seemed really excited!  I was happy to hear that :)  I'll see if I can make some cookies or something, like maybe no-bake cookies...those are really easy, and hopefully the ingredients will be available haha :).  

Today I got my Carnet Joven (a discount card for people under 26 in Europe!), and tomorrow I should be getting my residence thing.  I have to go to the Ayuntamiento in the morning.  Also, I am travelling to San Clemente tomorrow to check out possible side work.  There is an academy in San Clemente that needs English teachers, and they have asked me if I could work there.  I could FOR SURE use the extra cash.  I was just planning on putting up flyers about private English lessons in both Villarrobledo and El Provencio, but this would be better because I think that I may be able to get more money from it.  I will hopefully still do side English classes as well, hopefully still have a good amount of time to travel on the weekends :). 

I am so enjoying it here.  I have already spent too much money (I am REALLY running low!), but I'm trying to calm down on that, haha.  I am making some awesome friends, really really enjoying my job, and just having a great time being here in Spain :).  


Okay, ALSO.  Today I was leaving the 6th grade class, and some boys stopped me and asked me what my full name was because they wanted to know if I have a tuntie (pronounced twenty. it's like facebook).  I do not have one, and even if I did, I would not be friends with them...haha, Anyway, I turned to leave, and this boy goes "Espera, mira aqui!" so I turned around, and he goes "I want a picture!". I was very confused because he didn't have a camera, and then I noticed that he had turned his webcam on on his computer (all the kids get laptops at school) and had proceeded to take a picture of me. A little creepy...haha but oh well.  I think I just need to bolt it out of there sooner. It is fun to be there though, I love their excitement!


Welp, that's all for tonight!  Later I will post pictures of Krista and my (mostly) successful batch of cookies! woop woooop!

No comments:

Post a Comment